Amdocs Placement papers & patterns: Must follow..!
Shared by placed guy 1.
Amdocs test has 2 sections:-
1. Aptitude consist of 4 sections n consisted of diagrammatic reasoning n non-verbal stuff.
2. Technical test consisted of 4 sections each of pseudocode, c, UNIX and SQL all tests r computer-based.
The tests were :
1. Analytical reasoning: Math
2. diagrammatic reasoning: In this, we were given 8 diagrams and had to select the 9th corresponding
digit from the given choices. U have to be very fast in this test.
3. problems to be solved using Venn diagrams.
4. This test was to check our adaptation to the computer screen. We had to solve abt 30 question in 15 min. U have to be very very fast in this also.
5. In this test we were given a booklet of about 7-8 pages in which there was the syntax of some hypothetical language, ( its syntax was somewhat like Visual Basic). This was very easy since the whole syntax was given & u can refer to it. We were given almost 90-120 mins for this test. If u want u can rd the booklet before the start of the test. The question consisted of programs for which u have to find the o/p or where there is wrong syntax etc.
6. C test: Study pointers very well .Visit C For Swimmers,C Puzzles,FREE C/C++ Code, A1CCode, C Code Snippets,Interview Questions on C/C++,Lab programs,C/C++ FAQ that helps you to test the C/C++ programming strengths. It also consists of qs on args of main function, i.e. argc and argv
7. SQL test: It consisted of sql queries mainly inner join, outer join ,group by statements etc.
8. Unix test: kernel, 1-2 qs on TCP/IP, basic commands ( more on commands)
#Shared by placed guy 2.
Details of Online test –
1) Analytical – Quantitative – 20 questions
Learning Ability Logical) – 15 questions
Technical Passage – 10 questions.
2) Technical – C/C++/Java – 20 questions
SQL – 15 questions
Unix – 15 questions
3) No negative marking
4) 60% Cutoff in both sections.
Guys analytical section was very easy and requires a day preparation only. Go through RS Aggarwal for Quantitative and Logical. Technical Passage was very easy where a passage related 2 computer terminology was given. Most of the questions can be solved directly For rest go through the passage fast. Don’t waste time in this.
But technical section was tough.
Choose any language from C/C++/Java and this section will really test your programming skills and concepts. If you are choosing C then go through pointers very well. OOPS concepts must b very clear if you are choosing Java or C++. Then comes the SQL section. Some of the questions were so difficult that even I haven’t heard some of them. Practice your queries like subqueries, joins, concepts like views, indexes, database terminologies must be clear. Keep some extra time for this section as there were some questions where some queries were given and you have to find error or select best query. At last there was Unix. Go through some of the basic commands like cat, tee, chmod, grep etc along with their attributes. This section was easy if you are comfortable with all the basic commands. Go through VI editor and its commands, 3-4 questions from it must b there.
For SQL – Ivan Bayross
For UNIX – Sumitabha Das.
After 2 days i.e on 14th results were declared and out of around 150 students only 12 cleared the apti. So a lot of focus is given 2 aptitude, so practice hard. Then TI and HR interview were there.
Check the company profile and they can also ask questions based on that.
Guys if you clear the aptitude then be cool because 70% of the battle has been won. The TI of mine was very cool. It went for around 1 hr and he basically asked some of the basics of SQL like foreign key, basic query, normalization etc and basic commands of Unix. Whatever language you have selected in aptitude, he will ask questions based on that. So choose carefully. Guys be prepared with ur project what you have done bcoz they focus a lot on ur project. After that my HR interview was a basic one like Tell me about yourself, hobbies, career objective, relocation, working in night shifts, achievements etc.
Don’t take HR lightly. Finally, only 4 were selected and I was one of them. Guys 1 thing i want to tell u that AMDOCS is really a very good company with a lot of opportunities. They offered us a package of 3.5 pa there is a yearly performance bonus of around 1 lakh. So guys prepare yourself very well and see u in AMDOCS.